Friday, September 9, 2016

Tesslin Watches: Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo episode 2

Let's get right to it.


Okay, I absolutely adore Ha Ji/Hae Soo. Look at her standing her ground and telling off 4 for being a rude bitch to her. Dude may have saved her from an accident, but he doesn't get away with shoving her carelessly off her horse and riding his horse full speed through a crowd. And what is up with the way he reared up his horse in front of her face??? Bully. Man, 4 is not growing on me at all.






4 is like the hot topic amongst the brothers all day errday. It's clear the younger ones are very intimidated by him, while 3 couldn't care less and 8 wishes to maintain the peace between everybody. Also, there's a sister amongst them! interesting to see how that dynamic will play out.



Uh oh, poor Hae Soo has been summoned to a room full of princes, and 10 is immediately on her case. She hilariously tries to ward him off, even going so far as crossing her eyes to make her look
unrecognizable. Lol she's adorable. 8th & 4th are especially amused at her and gives little smiles.



Again 8th claims he wasn't close to her, but something seems suspicious. I call a secret affair.



Poor Hae Soo is frustrated but remains a constant support to herself, I LOVE HER.




AND THEN SHE'S TELLING OF 10 FOR BEING A PEEPING TOM, BEATING HIM UP AND EVERYTHING, NOT EVEN CARING THAT HE'S A PRINCE. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE HER.




All the princes (except 10) are downright amused and amazed at her. 4 looks at her in wonder of this fierce, feisty little beauty, and even gives a little smile. I see the ship is starting to build itself, plank by plank.



Hae Soo's modern sense of justice is deemed alien by 4 as she insists she'll receive apologies from him and 10. 4 sneers, asking who is she to demand apologies from royalty. 4 threatens that his apology, if she ever hears it, will be the last things she hears. He starts to apologize and Hae Soo quickly spots her cousin and uses her as a getaway. 4 smiles in wonder and repeats her newly-learned name.



The bond between the cousin (aw man I can't remember her name) and Hae Soo seems to be more of a mother-daughter, as the cousin sees the orphan Hae Soo as her daughter. She asks HS to think of he mom and act properly, which sets HS into tears, calling out for her mom. Totes relatable, when I'm super stressed I always want my mommy to come hug me too.



BTW, IU is a very pretty crier. That, unfortunately, I cannot relate to, as I am a plain mess when I cry.



HS seems to have a change of heart about resigning to her fate in Goryeo and is making another attempt to return back to her time. I would to for my mom, no matter how many hot shirtless princes I see.



OH GOD THAT SCENE WITH 4 AND HIS MOM KILLED ME. It seems Ryeo is keeping 4th Prince's characteristic of being very attached to his mom. His expectant and hopeful smile of knowing his mother is just on the other side of the room as he is about to enter is so childlike and innocent. His whole demeanor just changes around his mom, A+ acting yo. I mean his face just softens, his voice is gentler. He always looks so hopefully at his mother, hoping for some kind of recognition or approval.



That was a bitch move by 3, bringing up the Wolf Dog nickname in front of the Queen who 4 so wants to please.



What is this, it seems he was given a way to his adoptive mother?? Why?? And it seems like his mom wants him to stay with the adopted family?? WTF DUDE what do you have against 4??? he is your SON, why are you so mean to him, I MEAN YOU SCARRED HIS FACE, YOU NEED TO MAKE UP FOR IT.



AW NOOOO 4 DIDN'T GET TO GIVE HIS PRESENT TO HIS MOMMY, the other prince beat him to it! Oh God his look of pure disappointment and heartbreak, I JUST CAN'T WITH CHARACTERS TRYING TO WIN THEIR PARENTS' APPROVAL AND GETTING REJECTED, IT GETS ME EVERY TIME. Right, 4's love and longing for his mother has certainly earned him points for me. A man who so loves his mom, even when she's a total friggid bitch to him, can't be all that bad, and must have some redeeming qualities.



Lol Hae Soo saying she's gotta leave before they punish her for beating up 10 by chopping off her limbs. Her gory and visual fear is so relatable to me.



OOOH 4 IS BATHING. SHIRTLESS



OOOH HE'S TAKING OF HIS MASK..



Yo, like the scar is literally not even that bad. There's very little of it and it's only slightly raised and not even red. Dude needs to chill with the mask and just leave it at home. Besides, aren't slight scars kind of hot anyway?



That steam-gleam is doing wonders for his back muscles, hello.



Oof he dropped the hair pin! AW MAN I'M SUDDENLY REMEMBERING THE MAGNOLIA HAIR PIN FROM BBJX, ALL THE FEEEEEELLLSSSS X"""(



Hae Soo comes back to house full of people worried about her. I love the moment when her cousin says her family was worried about her, and Hae Soo realizes she has a family here who cares about her. She seems to resign (for the second time) to her forced life in Goryeo, and accepts that this is now her family and home.



Chae Ryung is telling some wild tale about 4 and there are flashbacks of him in the mountain carrying a torch with blood around him and Chae Ryung is saying his hobby was hunting animals, killing dogs and people who've seen his scar???? This guy is like an urban myth, how much of these tales are even true??



Chae Ryung implies that 4 is literally socially ostracized just because he's ugly, and Hae Soo laments that even in this era good-looking people get it easier. AMEN SISTER.



WHOA WHAT 3 and the queen are planning to kill the crown prince. BITCH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT IS YOUR SON.



That sequence with Hae Soo sleepily getting dressed up with layers upon layers upon layers of Goryeo clothing is soooo cute, and when she thinks it's done, it's like NAH GURL WE GOTTA DO YOUR HAIR.



*sigh* Have I mentioned that I absolutely love the costumes of this series? Sooo pretty. But nowhere as beautiful as BBJX's costumes, those were just HEAVEMLY.



Okay wait, so there's two queen? The Bitch queen and the Princess's mom? Man why is it always hard for me to remember people's names. Everyone is like "that prince" "this princess" "princess's servant" "tea lady" "astrology man" "hot prince".



Awww it's nice to see 4 laughing at his two silly brothers fighting. 8 notices, and 4 notices 8 noticing and 4 seems to consciously pull himself away from a connection/emotional bond. Why are you lonely-lonely, gloomy-gloomy, 4? :( give yourself a break.



Alright the performance is starting. Shit's about to go down.



NINJAS JUST APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE AND SHIT HAS WENT DOWN. The princes are springing into action to fight the ninjas and it is hot yo. Coordinated brotherly sword-fighting is hot, I've discovered.



HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO CLOSE 4 ALMOST GOT STABBED THROUGH WITH A SWORD!!



The King literally realized it wasn't the CP who almost got killed but 4, and doesn't even ask 4 if he's okay, he just right away looks for CP and 4's face at his father's blatant ignorance for him is like a puppy getting majorly kicked to the face. Literally his eyes as he realized his father doesn't give a shit about him is so hurt. A++++ acting. my heart is so sad for 4 in this episode, poor baby needs a hug :((



It's only after the astronomer (again with the name thing) asks if 4 is ok that the king seems to even realize 4 is there and POOR BABY IS TEARING UP and quickly excuses himself to find the ninjas and be a useful son UGH MY HEART IT BREAKS.



LOLL at Hae Soo eating all the street food goodies and getting super excited at them, girl is too relatable.





A fight ensues in the forest and Hae Soo somehow ends up under the hostage's knife when suddenly the dude LITERALLY GETS A FLYING KNIFE IMPALED INTO HIS FOREHEAD. Camera pans and reveals it was PEACEFULL & STUDIOUS 8 WHO THREW THE KNIFE, DAMN SON.




LOL literally WHAT just happened. 4 had Hae Soo at her neck with his sword pointed at her and 8 in turn pulls his sword to 4, telling him to let Hae Soo go. 4 does a fancy spin, holds Hae Soo in now a romantic and even more tighter embrace and says "I don't want to" and romantic music SWELLS UP and I just burst laughing. It took a complete 180 turn from all serious and tense into a ship-building scene, what evennnnn XD . Oh God the music is modern romantic pop, hihihihihiiiiii. I promise this is not a bad thing, somehow it just highly amused me.



Well Ryeo is looking better with each episode! I'm actually pretty impressed by this point :D

No comments:

Post a Comment